What You Really Really Want
June 17th - July 14th
Knowing what you want is hard.
In fact, when I tell people that I help people ask for what they want in their relationships and the bedroom, the #1 response I get is “I don’t even know what that is!”
There are so many reasons why discerning your desire might be hard for you:
- Maybe your strategy so far has been to focus all your time, attention and energy on other people’s wants and whims and hope that eventually, maybe they’ll figure yours out too? (Um, hi, that was me!)
- Perhaps you get overwhelmed by all the people and all the things they want… It’s so much that you can’t hear what you want in all of that. (You’re definitely not alone in that!)
- Or you get stuck on on what’s ‘acceptable’ or ‘reasonable’ to want (Yep, I’ve been there too!)
- Maybe you’ve been in survival mode for so long that you can’t remember doing things for pleasure or fun. (…Hello pandemic!)
- Or you were raised in a family where your wants were constantly shut down or seen as a problem… so you learned not to have any. (You just described 79% of the people I work with.)
But what if It’s not about “knowing” or “figuring out” what you want?
What if your desires aren’t out there somewhere, hoping to be realized someday?
What if discerning your preferences and desires is a skill — one that can be learned?
What if the secret was in noticing them… right now?
Being able to notice (and trust) your desires and preferences in real-time is MAGICAL.
Hearing (really hearing) your own needs and wants — in the moment — means you can actually (finally!) get them met.
Tuning into what you really want (not just what you think you can get) is how you can start to expand your relationships and your life.
Your preferences, desires, and wants are happening all the time, including right now.
It just takes practice noticing, trusting, and listening to them.
That's what we do in What You Really Really Want.
In this virtual workshop, you’ll learn:
- How to identify what gets in the way of you noticing your desires (and what to do about it!)
- Ways to create safety to explore and investigate what you want
- Why context is key to accessing your desires — and how to use that to your advantage
- The difference between wants and needs (and why that may not matter as much as you think)
- Techniques to open up your options to see what you really want (not just what you think you can get)
- Why it doesn’t matter if you “deserve” something
- Simple practices you can use any time to get clarity on what you really want — especially on desires that are hidden just out of view
- And much more!
What this is not 👇
This is not a goal-setting or bucket-list workshop. You won't get a road map about what you should want, or learn how to convince yourself that you actually want something that you don't want.
This is about developing practices that will serve you in noticing, trusting, and valuing your preferences and desires, in the moment — no matter what they are or what you are doing.
31 days of writing prompts, embodied experiments, and opportunities to tune out the chatter of others’ voices and listen to your own true yearnings, preferences, and priorities.
Whether it’s what you want for dinner or what you want out of life, you’ll discover so much about yourself!
👉🏻 Daily prompts + practices by email
👉🏻 Meet online for five consecutive Wednesdays, June 17th - July 14th
👉🏻 Call times 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm PST
👉🏻 3 Q&A/coaching calls - recorded
👉🏻 2 co-work sessions - not recorded
👉🏻Using email, Teachable + Zoom
If it's time for you to uncover what YOU really, really want, join us for this transformative course! We start June 17th.
Marcia Baczynski, aka Marcia B, (she/her) is an internationally-recognized coach, writer and presenter on sexual communication, boundaries, consent and desire. Her primary mission is to help adults who want more connection and intimacy to overcome shame and get in touch with what they truly want – romantically, sexually and relationally – even if it’s off the beaten path.
She is the co-author of Creating Consent Culture: A Handbook for Educators which can be purchased at most major booksellers.
Marcia brings wisdom, humor, and creativity to all aspects of her work, and offers a fresh perspective on love, sex and relationships. With expertise in boundaries, communication, open relationships, LGBTQ+ experiences and sex positivity, she helps her clients chart an authentic path for themselves. Since 2003, she has helped tens of thousands of people through her private coaching, workshops and group programs.
StartDay 1 - Orientation + First prompt
StartDay 2 - What does it mean to "Know What You Want?"
StartDay 3 - What gets in the way?
StartDay 4 - Beyond "What's Available"
StartDay 5 - "I get overwhelmed or ungrounded"
StartDay 6 - Say It Out Loud
StartDay 7 - You're allowed to want things
StartDay 8 - Be Unreasonable in Your Wanting
StartDay 9 - Your Core Desires
StartDay 10 - Pause (+ Coworking Call tonight)
StartDay 11 - What Kind of Problems Do You Want to Have?
StartDay 12 - Digging Into Your Core Desires
StartDay 13 - Sunday Say It
StartDay 14 - Wanting What You Already Have
StartDay 15 - Outcome, Experience or Feeling?
StartDay 16 - 10% Better
StartDay 17 - The 100% Game
StartDay 18 - It's Sunday... You know what that means!
StartDay 19 - Envy is a Clue
StartDay 20 - The "What Do You Want?" Game
StartDay 21 - Toward and Away From
StartDay 22 - Grief Sits Side-by-side with Desire
StartDay 23 - What Do You Want It to Feel Like?
StartDay 24 - Permitted and Forbidden Pleasures
StartDay 25 - You Are Right Where You Are Supposed to Be
StartDay 26 - You Are Not "Bad at Receiving"
StartDay 27 - Better is Better
StartDay 28 - Review and Reflection Pt 1
StartDay 29 - Review and Reflection Pt 2
StartDay 30 - That's All Folks!